Instrumentation of uterine cavity – Dilapan-S® is the right choice!
Mode of action
Thanks to the patented hydrogel AQUACRYL®, DILAPAN-S® ensures atraumatic and time-predictable dilation of the cervix.
For instrumentations with dilation up to 6 mm, insertion time of 1 rod is shorter than 2 hours
* Bartz,D. et al., Randomized Controlled Trial - Buccal Misoprostol Compared With Synthetic Osmotic Cervical Dilator Before Surgical Abortion, ACOG, 2013
Achieved dilation of the cervix depending on Dilapan-S® insertion time
Most of the effect is achieved in the first 4 to 6 hours.
The 3 mm rod expands to 8.3−10 mm. The 4 mm rod expands up to 10–12.5 mm.
Gentle and predictable cervical preparation prior to termination of pregnancy
* Bartz,D. et al.: Buccal misoprostole compared with synthetic osmotic cervical dilator before surgical abortion. A randomised controlled trial. Obstetrics & Gynecology, Vol 122, No 1, July 2013, p. 57–63
Dilapan-S® is predictable, efficient, safe and enables the same-day D&E procedure
Dilapan-S® in the second trimester medical abortion
Clinical trials that were evaluating the use of Dilapan-S® in the second trimester medical pregnancy termination showed very interesting additional benefits of usage of Dilapan-S® in combination with misoprostol and mifepristone
Vincienne, M. et al: Comparison of the induction to delivery interval in terminations of pregnancy with our without Dilapan-S®. Fetal Diagnosis Therapy, 2017
- Dilapan-S® significantly shortens the stay at delivery room and therefore saved the hospital budget
- the use of Dilapan-S® did not extend the total length of hospitalisation
- Dilapan-S® use decreases the total dose of used misoprostol
Gupta, J. et al., Synthetic osmotic dilators for cervical preparation prior to abortion – An international multicentre observational study, EJOG, 2018
- combination of Dilapan-S® and misoprostol offers effective and safe procedure
- insertion of 2−3 osmotic dilators for 4−7 hours provides effective cervical priming in majority of women
- fast mode of action enables one-day procedure in majority of medical abortions − 81%
- no serious adverse outcomes, including infectious complications, associated with the use of the synthetic osmotic cervical dilators
- easy to insert & remove (>90%)